Please find below details regarding the new €1,000 grant to assist eligible self-employed recipients who close their
COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment (€350) on or after 18th May 2020.
The Grant will be awarded to self-employed people who:
- are tax and PRSI compliant
- are not liable for commercial rates
- have been in receipt of the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment and have closed their claim on or after 18th May 2020;
- have reopened their business which was closed due to the pandemic
- employ less than 10 people
- have an annual turnover of less than €1 million
- are not eligible for COVID-19 Business Restart Grant or similar COVID-19 business re-start grants from other government departments
- can produce VAT receipts/invoices in respect of business re-start costs and expenses claimed, if requested to do so by the department.
Rates of Pay:
- Funding will be awarded for eligible costs up to a maximum of €1,000.
- Grants will be awarded on costs related to reopening your business, including:
- safety measures
- business advice or mentoring
Normal business costs are not generally included.
Download application form :